About the author

Amy Barseghian

Amy Barseghian is the Founder of OC Mentor, a family lifestyle website featuring the best in travel, technology, fitness and family resources. She is also the CEO of Social Halo Media and a freelance writer at Orange County Traveling Mom, SheBuysCars, Android Life Magazine, and Land O'Lakes corporate.

Related Articles

21 Comments

1. 1

Anonymous

I just gave my 4 year old congaplex because she had a very itchy, congested nose..2 days later she is basically healthy. Normally this would have turned into a mean head cold/travelled down to lungs. I love this stuff!.

2. 2

Amy aka Mommy Mentor

That is wonderful to hear! It really does wonders for bodies. We started taking one a day during the flu season as a preventative measure, which seems to be working well, too.
    Thanks for stopping in!

3. 3

Anonymous

Have you ever wondered if Conga could generate autoimmune disease if taken on a regular basis? My whole family takes it every day – it is fantastic. But I am afraid it could cause a reaction if taken everyday. Let me know your thoughts..i am checking in with my naturalpath tomorrow and will share what she recommends.

4. 4

Amy aka Mommy Mentor

Wow – I have not considered that. I look forward to hearing what your naturalpath says. My chiropractor was very much a natural believer so I hope there is nothing to this. Thanks for stopping in…and returning with the update.

5. 5

Anonymous

I too I am a big fan of Congaplex chewables for kids, it works wonders for my kids, when they start with the stuffy nose irritated cough I give them 2 chewables 3x a day and by the end outof the night they are sleeping good and back to health in a few days.

6. 6

Anonymous

I would definately like to know about the auto immune and congaplex too! I also wanna know about the Bovine in it is it just ground up from cows that are infected

7. 7

Anonymous

I just tried Congaplex last Thursday. My doctor said “oh it’s allergies. Keep takikng OTC”. I stoped by the drug store to get more OTC on my way to my Chiropractor. He said “No way this is allergies try this.” It was Congaplex. I was thinking I just bought the OTC…. I took it right then and there. With in 20 minutes my drainage had stopped. My head was clearing up, no more sinus pressure build up. I took it for a few days. I am not one for meds or pills. This works and I have spread the news. I too was thinking about taking it once a day for prevention, but am concerded about the autoimmune as well.
    I do yourself and your family members a favor and try this.
    Thanks for listening.
    Kelly

8. 8

Rose

I am interested in hearing more about the long term efects of taking congaplex daily as a preventative measure as well as the bovine in it. Could someone please comment on these two issues?? Thanks

9. 9

Mommy Mentor Child Sleep Coach

Rose, I have wondered that as well and do not take it daily b/c of that. i wonder who we could ask…

1. 9.1

loudah

Rose and Mommy Mentor, I take this product twice a day and I take 6 capsules to help clear up my acne because it’s a natural bacteria killer. This is a natural food it doesn’t come with side effects, if you had allergies to it you would know by now. Its a natural food and unlike medication it will not create long term side effects because naturally your body knows how and what to do with it! Glad its working! :)

1. 9.1.1

Amy Barseghian

Thanks for stopping in Laura! Never thought of this for acne! What a great idea! Do you take 3 capsules twice a day or 6 twice a day?

10. 10

*~Heather

My whole family is sick with colds right now and I had been searching online for home remedies an such to relieve our symptoms. I have a 9 month old and didn’t know what would be good for him, especially. Since he’s still an infant.
    I didn’t want to go get OTC meds, as I’m trying to refrain from using those kinds of things anymore.
    So, i had to make a trip out and decided to stop in and ask my chiropractor what he suggested. He suggested congaplex. I was a bit skeptical…
    So, I researched it on my phone out in my suv online real quick before deciding whether to buy it or not. That’s when I found your post. Thank goodness I did too, cause it sold me right there!
    So, I bought it and gave it to all of us (2 kids, hubby and myself) a little while ago. I’ve noticed a slight difference already and all I took was 1 pill vs the recommended dosage. I’ll continue it tomorrow throughout the day and so on. I just bought the small bottle to start with.
    So, Mommy Mentor, what dosage do you take? Or what dosage did you take when you 1st started taking this, and for your children as well? Just wanna see what the appropriate amounts really are (compared to what my chiropractor said)for children especially, cause I do believe the dosage on the bottle is for adults.
    I also asked my chiropractor if it could be taken everyday for preventative measures and he said, it sure can!
    So, here’s to hoping my family starts feeling a little better tomorrow because of congaplex by standard process!

11. 11

Ange

My son has had respitatory issues since he was 4 months old. At 10 months old i was “talked into” giving him a flu shot (long story, it was my moment of weakness) and 2 days later we were in the drs office with a upper resp infection, breathing treatments and all. I sought out a local chiropractor and discussed his issues with her, she immediately suggested congaplex as soon as he shows any signs of a cold (his asthma is triggered by colds). After 2 days, he was great! In the fall croup hit again, and congaplex cut the duration! Today, he woke up with a gross nose and yes, croup…and i am out of congaplex!!!! We are stuck in the middle of an ice/snow storm, so I am hoping the roads clear soon, b/c I feel that this supplement has kept all colds at bay!

12. 12

Mommy Mentor Child Sleep Coach

Ange – I am SO glad you have found Congaplex and love it. We don’t give it all the time, but save it for when colds start. We have also found it helpful with bad allergies. Thanks for stopping in and commenting! :)

13. 13

Kari

I just asked my Chiro yesterday about dosing and he said its not necessary to take everyday if your immune system is healthy but as soon as you begin to feel a bit off load up on the Congaplex. He said up to 20-40 a day is not uncommon for the first couple of days to really get you ramped up.I’m instructed to take five 5x a day until I am asymptomatic and then another 3 days of three at each meal. Consider it a “natural antibiotic”. You don’t take antibiotics when you don’t need them. Same for the Conga. Hope that helps someone. Be sure to ask your doc about proper dosing for you and your children.

Kari
    karikelly.norwex.biz

14. 14

Mommy Mentor Child Sleep Coach

This is great, Kari! Thanks for stopping in and sharing. We love Congaplex and consider it a lifesaver in this house. We never travel without it…

15. 15

Kimberly

Hi all, how many can a congaplex can a baby safely take every day? I have a 9 month old with double ear infections. Also, even when I put just one in his bottle, it makes it difficult for him to get milk through the nipple, as it becomes so thick?? Help!

16. 16

Mommy Mentor

Kimberly – We used them with our babes when they were 6 months and older and did 3 a day I think if they were sick. Can you put it in applesauce? That’s what we did.

17. 17

Azure

My chiro put my family on congaplex and we love it, I give it daily to my 7 year old who has CD as he is prone to infections. I give him 3 in the mornings but if he does get sick I give him 3 twice a day then 7 before bed. I took all OTC drugs out and use this. Also, we use silver spray daily,it is an antiviral, anitbacterial and antifungus spray, so its an extra boost of protection, especially in flu season. Another immune booster to go along with congaplex is 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp vitamin c powder mixed with a few ounces of grape juice. Kinda strong but it works.

1. 17.1

Amy Barseghian

These are all great tips! Thank you!

18. 18

alex

I am currently writing a paper on nutritional supplements and was happy to see that there are more people using this product. I recommend it to everyone that mentions they have kids that are constantly getting colds or in general as an immune booster. I have been using this product for over 8 years and couldn’t say better things about it. So happy to hear the great stories. Thanks for post and info on this product.