You know how it is…you see your child with a runny nose and if they are young enough, you pray they are teething. If not, hopefully it is allergies. When it turns out to be neither of the two, you feel that sink in your stomach as you know your child is sick.

Our son is old enough to take things to at least make him comfortable for sleeping, however, our daughter is just a year. Unfortunately, they have pulled all medicines off of the shelf for children her age (That’s right! Punish all of us for the inappropriate actions of a few parents who over medicate their children…more on that later!). Don’t misunderstand this either – we are really good parents. We try not to medicate unless it is necessary. IMO it is a little mean to be so against medications that you won’t give ANYTHING to your child who cannot talk to communicate their pain or discomfort. If we have a bad headache or had to break 2 teeth through our gum lines at one time, most of us would take something. Ok – a little digression…sorry!

How to Fight Colds and the Flu for your Family with Standard Process Supplements

However, we stumbled onto a product that has been a Godsend for our entire family’s health. This is the first winter where we have not passed colds from one to another (and then back again). What is this Godsend you might be wondering? It is called Congaplex and is produced by Standard Process.

We take the capsules when we feel symptoms coming on and it literally stops colds dead in their tracks. It does take some discipline though because you have to take a few every 2 hours to shock your system. However, we gave it a good college try the first time and have never turned back. We spoke with our Chiropractor to determine the proper dosage so please do the same if you want to take it. The great thing about it is that our almost 4 year old and our 1 year old can take it. We open the capsule and give them their specified amount in applesauce or smoothies. It is hard to believe that we have one product that works for each of us.

Congaplex and all supplements offered by Standard Process Inc. are made of whole foods. No, I am not referring to the food store chain…I am referring to the fact that it is made of foods in their natural state versus one that has been chemically altered so that a product can sit on the shelf for a year. Finding products that contain whole foods means that your body is receiving vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, and phytonutrients. All of these will help your body function at its best.

Believe me, I know that you may be skeptical. We were too. We bought one bottle and thought it was worth a shot. Now we buy them two at a time so we don’t run out. I can also give you a case in point about the wonderful results of this supplement. Our youngest woke up with a runny nose two days ago. We gave her one a day in her milk or food. We had plans with our friends the next day and assumed we would have to cancel but wanted to give “conga” (We even have a pet name for it…) a try. We ended up being able to go to our friend’s house because her symptoms never progressed and her nose only needed to be wiped two times. This morning she woke and is almost completely healthy.

I cannot speak enough raves about Congaplex. My husband, who is more of a skeptic than I, actually takes a few on his business trips to help fight infection. Truthfully, that says it all about how beneficial this is. Give it try. Their website provides a place for you to request information about health care professionals that carry it in your area. It is also sold online through a few places.

If it works for you, make sure you come back here and share the good news with me!!

19 Responses to How Standard Process Congaplex Helps when you are Sick

1. Anonymous says:

I just gave my 4 year old congaplex because she had a very itchy, congested nose..2 days later she is basically healthy. Normally this would have turned into a mean head cold/travelled down to lungs. I love this stuff!.

2. That is wonderful to hear! It really does wonders for bodies. We started taking one a day during the flu season as a preventative measure, which seems to be working well, too.
    Thanks for stopping in!

3. Anonymous says:

Have you ever wondered if Conga could generate autoimmune disease if taken on a regular basis? My whole family takes it every day – it is fantastic. But I am afraid it could cause a reaction if taken everyday. Let me know your thoughts..i am checking in with my naturalpath tomorrow and will share what she recommends.

4. Wow – I have not considered that. I look forward to hearing what your naturalpath says. My chiropractor was very much a natural believer so I hope there is nothing to this. Thanks for stopping in…and returning with the update.

5. Anonymous says:

I too I am a big fan of Congaplex chewables for kids, it works wonders for my kids, when they start with the stuffy nose irritated cough I give them 2 chewables 3x a day and by the end outof the night they are sleeping good and back to health in a few days.

6. Anonymous says:

I would definately like to know about the auto immune and congaplex too! I also wanna know about the Bovine in it is it just ground up from cows that are infected

7. Anonymous says:

I just tried Congaplex last Thursday. My doctor said “oh it’s allergies. Keep takikng OTC”. I stoped by the drug store to get more OTC on my way to my Chiropractor. He said “No way this is allergies try this.” It was Congaplex. I was thinking I just bought the OTC…. I took it right then and there. With in 20 minutes my drainage had stopped. My head was clearing up, no more sinus pressure build up. I took it for a few days. I am not one for meds or pills. This works and I have spread the news. I too was thinking about taking it once a day for prevention, but am concerded about the autoimmune as well.
    I do yourself and your family members a favor and try this.
    Thanks for listening.
    Kelly

8. Rose says:

I am interested in hearing more about the long term efects of taking congaplex daily as a preventative measure as well as the bovine in it. Could someone please comment on these two issues?? Thanks

9. Rose, I have wondered that as well and do not take it daily b/c of that. i wonder who we could ask…

10. *~Heather says:

My whole family is sick with colds right now and I had been searching online for home remedies an such to relieve our symptoms. I have a 9 month old and didn’t know what would be good for him, especially. Since he’s still an infant.
    I didn’t want to go get OTC meds, as I’m trying to refrain from using those kinds of things anymore.
    So, i had to make a trip out and decided to stop in and ask my chiropractor what he suggested. He suggested congaplex. I was a bit skeptical…
    So, I researched it on my phone out in my suv online real quick before deciding whether to buy it or not. That’s when I found your post. Thank goodness I did too, cause it sold me right there!
    So, I bought it and gave it to all of us (2 kids, hubby and myself) a little while ago. I’ve noticed a slight difference already and all I took was 1 pill vs the recommended dosage. I’ll continue it tomorrow throughout the day and so on. I just bought the small bottle to start with.
    So, Mommy Mentor, what dosage do you take? Or what dosage did you take when you 1st started taking this, and for your children as well? Just wanna see what the appropriate amounts really are (compared to what my chiropractor said)for children especially, cause I do believe the dosage on the bottle is for adults.
    I also asked my chiropractor if it could be taken everyday for preventative measures and he said, it sure can!
    So, here’s to hoping my family starts feeling a little better tomorrow because of congaplex by standard process!

11. Ange says:

My son has had respitatory issues since he was 4 months old. At 10 months old i was “talked into” giving him a flu shot (long story, it was my moment of weakness) and 2 days later we were in the drs office with a upper resp infection, breathing treatments and all. I sought out a local chiropractor and discussed his issues with her, she immediately suggested congaplex as soon as he shows any signs of a cold (his asthma is triggered by colds). After 2 days, he was great! In the fall croup hit again, and congaplex cut the duration! Today, he woke up with a gross nose and yes, croup…and i am out of congaplex!!!! We are stuck in the middle of an ice/snow storm, so I am hoping the roads clear soon, b/c I feel that this supplement has kept all colds at bay!

12. Ange – I am SO glad you have found Congaplex and love it. We don’t give it all the time, but save it for when colds start. We have also found it helpful with bad allergies. Thanks for stopping in and commenting! :)

13. Kari says:

I just asked my Chiro yesterday about dosing and he said its not necessary to take everyday if your immune system is healthy but as soon as you begin to feel a bit off load up on the Congaplex. He said up to 20-40 a day is not uncommon for the first couple of days to really get you ramped up.I’m instructed to take five 5x a day until I am asymptomatic and then another 3 days of three at each meal. Consider it a “natural antibiotic”. You don’t take antibiotics when you don’t need them. Same for the Conga. Hope that helps someone. Be sure to ask your doc about proper dosing for you and your children.

Kari
    karikelly.norwex.biz

14. This is great, Kari! Thanks for stopping in and sharing. We love Congaplex and consider it a lifesaver in this house. We never travel without it…

15. Kimberly says:

Hi all, how many can a congaplex can a baby safely take every day? I have a 9 month old with double ear infections. Also, even when I put just one in his bottle, it makes it difficult for him to get milk through the nipple, as it becomes so thick?? Help!

16. Mommy Mentor says:

Kimberly – We used them with our babes when they were 6 months and older and did 3 a day I think if they were sick. Can you put it in applesauce? That’s what we did.

17. Azure says:

My chiro put my family on congaplex and we love it, I give it daily to my 7 year old who has CD as he is prone to infections. I give him 3 in the mornings but if he does get sick I give him 3 twice a day then 7 before bed. I took all OTC drugs out and use this. Also, we use silver spray daily,it is an antiviral, anitbacterial and antifungus spray, so its an extra boost of protection, especially in flu season. Another immune booster to go along with congaplex is 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp vitamin c powder mixed with a few ounces of grape juice. Kinda strong but it works.

18. alex says:

I am currently writing a paper on nutritional supplements and was happy to see that there are more people using this product. I recommend it to everyone that mentions they have kids that are constantly getting colds or in general as an immune booster. I have been using this product for over 8 years and couldn’t say better things about it. So happy to hear the great stories. Thanks for post and info on this product.